Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rialto Man Suspected of Insurance Fraud (Daily Bulletin 092006)

Rialto Man Suspected of Insurance Fraud
Wes Woods Daily Bulletin 092006

RIALTO -- A Rialto man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of felony insurance fraud after a surveillance tape showed him lifting wooden pallets into the back of his truck.

Vinicio Godinez, 25, of Rialto, turned himself in to district attorney investigators Monday and was arrested on suspicion of the charges without incident. He was booked into the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga where his bail was set at $25,000.

Godinez was released on his own recognizance, said San Bernardino County District Attorney's Workers' Compensation Fraud Unit investigator Nancy Lewis.

Springfield Insurance referred the case to the county, Lewis said.

She said insurance cases are common in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, and each have their own workers' compensation fraud unit.

======================================================

BSRanch Perspective:

You don't see this report everyday, so it makes you wonder if this unit exsists! I guess the so called workers compensation Violation Unit Consists of Two men and a Video Camera along with one digital with a powerful Lens. All kidding aside, I always worried about my case when I was at home, not that I was in violation of any thing, because I made sure that my Physical Theripist, and Doctor Knew what I was doing at home. The Physical Theripist thought that it was good for me to get out and try and do things becuase it was part of my theripy.

But I don't think that I could have ever loaded my truck with a bunch of pallets let alone one pallet. Why today I would have a great deal of trouble loading a pallet. sure I might be able to get one or two, but it would be painful!! Very painful INDEED!!

BSRanch

No comments: