Friday, September 29, 2006

Arizona Motorcycle Officer Dies in Wreck (KPHO 092809)

Arizona Motorcycle Officer Dies in Wreck

Updated: September 28th, 2006 01:58 PM EDT


Courtesy of KPHO
Officer Kevin Weeks

Courtesy of KPHO


Tempe, Ariz.-- A Tempe motorcycle officer died Thursday morning after his bike flipped over on the Loop 101.

Police said the officer, 28-year-old Kevin Weeks, was driving south between University Drive and Broadway Road around 4:15 a.m. when he hit debris in the road and his bike rolled off the highway.

Weeks was taken to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital where he died from his injuries.

Weeks was a seven-year veteran of the police force and served on the DUI patrol. Officials said he had just finished an overnight shift and was on his way home.

Copyright 2006 by KPHO.com. All rights reserved.

Republished with permission of KPHO.


BS Ranch Perspective:

It just seems like More and more Collisions across this great Country of ours are taking the lives of our Law Enforcement Officers that have sworn to keep America Safe!! I know that the Motorcycle Officers have a larger percentage of a chance at being killed, but we have so much training that we go through hat sometimes it seem so hard to imagine that some debris in the road would take us down. I say this not to be mean because we are trained to ride through all kinds of debris, and well I am sure that his motor school was no different. I feel so badly for his family, and his wife. I am not trying to read anything into the accident, but he was up all night and might have been tired and struck the debris. that would make sense, I just feel so badly for his family, friends his whole police department, over their loss of a fellow police Officer.

In many ways I feel that I could have been this fellow officer, I have slipped on debris many times, I didn't fall, but slipped. There was one time that my front tire washed out. I was training another motor Officer to ride, and he did just that, Laid the bike down in the center of the busy 30 highway, or Highland Ave as it is known to us, and then walked or ran fast over the bike and sprained his ankle. he was lucky that nothing more serious didn't happen to him. Then I happened to look to see what has bee going on in the news and this is what I read about.

I have been praying for this mans life and his family. I also have placed my self into his shoes, and felt how important it is to pray for the family that remains to have to care for his family. So that is what I have been thinking about, and that is what I have been doing. God Bless, I am so sorry for their loss!!!

BSRanch

No comments: