Sunday, August 06, 2006

Teacher Admits Molesting Pupils (NY Times 08052006)

I Thought that they did backrounds on the teachers today? Wow this makes me sick!! Sick to my stomach, sick all over my whole body just thinking about it. It makes me want to have time alone with the teacher, just me, the Teacher and my 45 Mag. in my hand aimed at him!! I guess that makes me sick too, but I have a feeling I have his cure!!

BSRanch

Teacher Admits Molesting Pupils


Published: August 5, 2006

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 4 — A substitute teacher who was charged Friday with molesting a 10-year-old girl has admitted to molesting 100 to 200 girls at elementary schools in three Southern California counties, officials said.

The teacher, Eric N. Olsen, 28, was scheduled to be arraigned on Monday after telling detectives that he molested girls in the past three years while working in eight school districts, an Ontario County police spokeswoman, Diane Galindo, said.

The 10-year-old girl was molested on June 13 in front of other students at Berlyn Elementary School in Ontario, which is about 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Force was used at least once, Ms. Galindo said.

“We’re not going into details, but the contact was so subtle that some of the victims may not realize they were victims,” Ms. Galindo said. “So we’re asking parents and school districts to talk to parents and ask them to talk to their kids about a no-touching policy.”

Richard Maxwell, a chief deputy district attorney in San Bernardino County, said his office charged Mr. Olsen with three counts of child molestation. Mr. Olsen was arrested Thursday and was being held in the San Bernardino County jail on $200,000 bail.

Kristy Tibbetts, the Berlyn principal, said she spent the day talking to parents. “It’s been a little hectic today, to say the least, but we’ve been very open and honest to reassure parents that their children are safe at our school,” Ms. Tibbetts said.

Statements by the victim said Mr. Olsen on several occasions had touched her “in an inappropriate manner,” Ms. Galindo said.

Detectives said they believed there were victims in San Bernardino, Kern and Riverside Counties.

No comments: