Thursday, July 13, 2006

CHP Officer Dies in Aparent Suicide (Murcury News 07132006).

I can under stand why this CHP Officer did what he did. I had a total of 18 years counting the free time that I gave as a reserve, and if you don't count that I had 12 years. Either way, it is an easy thing to consider and in the field of Patrol I have thought about it many times, but when I got to traffic working the collisions it was my life saver. However in Patrol the only calls that I liked were the animal calls and working with some of the children. I liked the area checks I hated the backups. I liked some of the car chops ups or potential chop shop.

I guess I was a boring copper to work with. LOL I just Pray for the Family of this fallen Officer, it is not easy when you are dealing with depression in this job!!

BSRanch

CHP officer dies in apparent suicide

Bay City News Service

A 20-year veteran of the California Highway Patrol was found dead in a South San Francisco field on Wednesday morning, the victim of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to Lt. Mike Brosnan with the South San Francisco Police Department.

The body of William Schlimmer, 44, of South San Francisco, was spotted about 6:30 a.m. Wednesday in a field adjacent to Alta Loma Middle School by a person out walking a dog, Brosnan said.

Schlimmer had one gunshot wound, Brosnan said. Police are investigating the incident as a suicide.

Schlimmer had been with the CHP since January 1984, and had worked in the Bay Area for the majority of that time, according to CHP Sgt. Les Bishop. Before his death, Schlimmer had been doing patrol work in the Redwood City area, according to Bishop.

``The CHP has lost a family member and a great officer,'' Bishop said.

Copyright © 2006 by Bay City News, Inc. -- republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

No comments: