Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Crime & Public Safety 051606 SB SUN

The second report regarding the Scooter Accident is when I really hate my position in life now. I cannot help I cannot Investigate the crimes of the City, let alone what I used to be pretty good at and that was Investigation of Traffic Collisions. I really miss my job, I felt that it was my calling really. When I was in Patrol I was not getting along with two Sgt's in Patrol, and I wanted a change really bad. I would have taken anything. K-9's CSO's however that would have meant a pay cut and I would still have been working for those Sgt's, so that would not have been that grand of an Idea after all. I wanted Traffic, and my big old Goal was to go to to Motor School and Ride a Motorcycle and Write Tickets all day!!

As it worked out, this didn't happen I worked Graveyard patrol with who was then my Best friend Scott. Well, I was suddenly selected to go to Motor School, however I was not Selected to go to Traffic. I thought that was weird, but I did my best in Motor School and passed. Graduated in March of 92. Then I worked another five months in Patrol before getting selected for Traffic. It was Aug. Then a month off because I had entirely to much time on the books, then I was in traffic working 1900 to 0300 before we went to the 4-10 shift then I worked 1800-0400. great hours I have to tell you, and I was not getting to many Well, I was chewing at the bit and I never got to ride the motor except for training rides it was another year before I was permanently assigned to the Bike. It was almost three years later I would die. and live to tell about it.

Now I get to sit here and wish I could do things like collision investigations and I get to wish that I could ride my motor and look for violators .Now I just want to die and it just sucks.

Well, then when I read about children that have been run down or run over in accidents I just wish I could do something like I used to do. Instead, I am worthless,

BSRancher...

Crime and Public Safety 5-16-06
Staff Reports

CIMA
Body found near I-15

The body of an unidentified man was found near Interstate 15 and Cima Road, coroner's officials said Monday in a news release.

The body was found about 6:45 p.m. There were injuries to the body, and sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating, the news release said.

An autopsy will be performed.



RIALTO
Boy dies after scooter accident

A 9-year-old boy died Monday morning from injuries he suffered in a Sunday scooter accident in which a vehicle struck him.

Gregory Taggart lost control of a scooter he was riding downhill at the intersection of Live Oak Avenue and Via Bello Drive at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday. He was struck by a Chevrolet Suburban, according to a coroner's news release.

Gregory was flown to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he died at 2:20 a.m. The Rialto Police Department is investigating the accident.



HIGHLAND
Woman awakes to find burglar

A 41-year-old woman awoke early Sunday morning to find a burglar standing in her room. The burglar snatched the woman's purse before fleeing out a sliding glass door, a sheriff's sergeant said.

No other recent burglaries have been reported in the area, which includes the 27000 block of Nona Avenue, Sgt. Dave Phelps said.



HIGHLAND
Couple robbed at gunpoint

A couple walking in their neighborhood Sunday evening were robbed at gunpoint by four teenage boys, a sheriff's sergeant said.

The 59-year-old man and his wife were walking near Union Street and Del Rosa Avenue about 9:10 p.m. when four teens approached them. Two of them brandished semiautomatic handguns and demanded money, Sgt. Dave Phelps said.

The man told the youths he and his wife did not have any money. One of the robbers became angry and punched the man in the face before grabbing a necklace from him, Phelps said.

The man and woman began screaming for help, and the suspects ran north on Del Rosa Avenue, Phelps said. The couple immediately went home and called police, Phelps said.



SAN BERNARDINO
Prostitution sting nets seven arrests

Police arrested seven men last week on suspicion of soliciting prostitutes during a sting operation, police said in a news release.

The operation started at 7 p.m. Thursday and continued throughout the night in a central area of the city that has been designated as a high-density crime area, the news release said.



FONTANA
Computer center robbed by armed man

A man armed with a handgun robbed a computer center Sunday night, police said.

The man walked into NetFragz at 13518 Base Line at 10:43 p.m., pointed a gun at a customer and ordered him to the floor, police said. The robber pointed the gun at the store owner and demanded money.

The owner placed an undetermined amount of cash in the robber's black backpack. The robber ran out of the store. Witnesses did not see a getaway vehicle.

The robber is described as a black man in his 20s, 5-feet-8 to 5-feet-10 inches tall and 140 to 145 pounds. He wore a black fitted sweat shirt, beige and green pants and a mask.

No comments: